IMPORTANT UPDATE -MAY 2020
Unleashedpetservices is happy to announce that their business is now open and resuming normal services to provide walking, doggydaycare and dog boading following the most recent and up-to-date goverment guidelines.
Covid 19 - our pets and humans
'There is currently no evidence of COVID 19 circulating in pets in the UK and nothing to suggest that pets might transmit the disease to humans. However, pets could act as a formite (carrier) of the virus on their fur for short periods in the same way that other surfaces can carry the virus from one place to another.'
(British Small Animals Veterinary Association).
Pet Care Covid 19 Policy and Procedures:
It is imperative that we have procedures in place to minimise the potential for Covid 19 transmission.
Our services are provided in a manner that supports social distancing,including avoiding all unnecessary in-person contact with clients, always maintaining a safe physical distance of 2m with humans whilst also avoiding the potential transmission of the virus from both the pet's fur and any equipment:
* Every customer will be required to complete a 'Health Declaration Form' prior to any pet care service.
*No pet owners' leads, harnesses, equipment or bedding can be permitted during the Covid 19 epidemic.
* Unleashed will bag and wash the lead with soap and water once the dog has been returned.
* Handover should take place in a room or space large enough for the client and Unleashed to maintain the social distance of 2m.
* If Unleashed is required to enter the owners property, PPE will be worn during, either collection and/ or drop off times - to include:disposable gloves/ face mask/ disposable shoe covers.
*Dogs from different households may be walked together as long as dogs from infected or self-isolating households are not mixed with other dogs from non-infected households.
* Unleashed will maintain social distancing whilst walking, keeping to quiet areas and not allowing other pets or people to come into contact with dogs in our care.
*Any equipment, including the vehicle if used to transport the dog, must be cleaned and disinfected between dogs.
* Unleashed will wash hands for 20 seconds using soap and water before leaving home, on return and before and after every interaction.
* When it is not pssible to wash hands, hand sanitiser will be used.
* Unleashed will wipe your pet with a disposable pet safe wipe or clean, soapy (dog friendly shampoo) damp cloth before the pet care service commences before placing your pet in transport van (which will have already been cleaned and disinfected), and on completion of service, prior to your pets return.
When walking a dog from a 'vulnerable person' or shielded household:
* Unleashed will avoid any contact with the occupants of the pet's home- maintaining at least 2m distance at all times.
* Unleashed will keep the dog on a lead to avoid them coming into contact with anyone or other pets.
* Unleashed will wipe the dog with a disposable pet-safe or clean, soapy damp cloth before returning to reduce the risk of transmitting the virus to the owner.
When walking a dog from a household where people have, or have suspected of having coronovirus:
* It is especially important to protect Unleashed and others.
* Unleashed will consider each individual situation on its merits.
* Unleashed will avoid any contact with the occupants of the home - maintaining at least 2m distance at all times.
* Unleashed will not enter the home
* Unleashed will wipe the dog with a disposable pet safe wipe or clean, soapy damp cloth before the pet care service.
* Unleashed will keep the dog on a lead to avoid pets and other people touching them in case the virus is on their fur.
* Unleashed will take particular care when cleaning up after dogs in this context, using a sturdy or ouble bagged poo bag to be safely disposed of as soon as possible.
APRIL 2020 -Announcement
Unleashedpetservices will continue to offer daycare/ boarding with priority given for key workers, shielded and vulnerable people who are unable to make alternative, safe arrangements .The handover protocol set out by CFSG (Canine and Feline Sector Group) will be followed with Unleashed wiping the dog down with a pet safe disposable damp cloth which will be disposed of properly afterwards before transporting and the owner retaining all equipment such as leads (Unleashed will provide ).On departure, the dog will again be wiped down with a disposable pet safe cloth which will be disposed of properly afterwards.
Handover will take place in a room or space large enough for the client and unleashed to maintain social distance. Dogs will be walked on a lead locally , maintaing social distance from other people and pets and not transported in a vehicle to exercise.
For dog walking - Unleashed will be available to key workers, shielded and vulnerable people at NO FEE.
Dogs from CORONOVIRUS INFECTED households will be walked AFTER dogs from all other households. The handover protocol set out by CFSG will be followed. Only dogs from the same household will be walked together and social distancing maintained for both Unleashed and the dog/s by keeping the dog/s on a lead at all times. Gloves will be worn and disposed of after each household and before returning to the vehicle aswell as washing hands for twenty seconds as frequently as possible.